To get emails with announcements about new versions, visit this page and subscribe. Although, the installed software will check for updates automatically.
- Download the DMG image.
- Open the image and move app to the Applications folder.
- Launch the application as usual.
- Install serial port drivers if necessary:
The Kubuntu OS can be found here: http://kubuntu.org
Add our repository to your system (execute the following commands in console):
echo "deb http://apt.uavos.com/ all main experimental"| sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/uavos.list; gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv B5517CF1; gpg --export --armor B5517CF1 | sudo apt-key add -; sudo apt-get update
Repository contains two components:
- main - rare updates (once in 3-6 months), more bugs, but ensures it was tested on several UAVs for stable operation.
- experimental - most recent bugfixes and features, builds for most recent linux versions. Updates almost every week, tested on at least one UAV.
Install application and tools:
sudo apt-get install uavos
GCS uses serial port to communicate with the radio modem device. User must be a member of ‘dialout’ group to have rights to access modem device. Execute the following command in terminal to add yourself to the group, then reboot.
sudo usermod -aG dialout $USER
The app can be installed through Play Market. Although, it requires PC Ground Control app to communicate with UAV and is used mainly for maintenance purposes.