This feature provides physical serial ports mapping to Virtual Comm Ports (VCP). All VCP ports are accessible by other modules and addressed by
- Protocols module can use VCP to communicate to the physical device;
- WASM script can use VCP to receive and transmit data;
- VCP port can be forwarded to GCS to provide transparent serial connection with some payload physical serial port;
- VCP port can be used to provide C2/telemetry communication with the GCS via user specific serial modem/datalink;
- RS485 driver can be used to provide SBUS signal for servos, generated by protocol;
The VCP module defines various serial ports configurations in this group.
off: the PHY is powered off;
- Addressable VCP modes. In the following modes the port will act as
normal VCP data port, addressable via
NODE: VCP port received data is not broadcasted to other nodes in network, although it is available to all node resources;
LAN: VCP port received data is broadcasted to other nodes in network and is available to all nodes and their modules;
- Network interface modes. The special port modes can be used to configure the PHY as standard APX bus
network interface. Any received data packet is decoded by the node and forwarded
to other nodes by
NMT: forward and decode NMT packets of the network, i.e. acts exactly like
CANbus interface, but filters everything except NMT packets;
BUS: network gate interface, forwards everything from the network;
TELEMETRY: C2/telemetry serial link, i.e. transmits telemetry data only;
Used as user comment only.
When the port is configured as VCP, this parameter holds its address.
baudSerial baud rate
lineSerial line mode
codecVcp packet codec